Category: Food and Parties
My Healthy Tips and Recipes: http://www.pinterest.com/pamelaprentice/pam-prentice-2020-food/
Theo Chocolate the only Organic, Fair Trade, Fair for Life certified Bean-to-Bar Chocolate Factory in North America, located in Seattle WA.
I buy epic amounts of Theo Chocolate when I visit Seattle. I crave and love the vast selection of chocolate flavors they sell at their factory.
Theo sells chocolate in more than 4,000 retailers, including Whole Foods. Each and every one of Theo Chocolate cocoa beans is organic, shade grown, Fair Trade and Fair For Life purchased.
Theo Chocolate is part of a great project. Cacao beans are produced by participants in the Green House project in Beni. This is a success story in the making; it is model for development. The farmers Theo Chocolate buy from—as well as their own employees—are paid a fair and living wage.
On the conventional market, cacao farmers earn less than a dollar a day and have little to no access to education or credit. By paying living wages for Fair Trade cacao, they give farmers the tools to invest in their future, farm more sustainably, and send their children to school. In addition, the educational component of what they do empowers farmers to understand what a fair price is for their cacao.
Buy Theo Chocolate at your local Whole Foods market it is wonderful.
Thank you Lee, Shari and Spencer for another fabulous pool party!
I love to eat healthy delicious food: http://pinterest.com/pamelaprentice/pam-prentice-2020-food-favorites/
- Raspberries are packed with fiber and manganese. Fiber helps slow the digestive process so you feel full longer. Manganese is a trace mineral that helps keep your metabolic rate high, which in turn burns fat. Raspberries seed oil has a natural sun protection factor. It contains high amounts of polyphenolic compounds known for their anti-cancer properties.
- Blueberries and oat bran contain a powerful antioxidant that may also lower LDL cholesterol.
- Strawberries contains vitamin C, an antioxidant that can help lower blood pressure and ensure a healthy immune system.
- Pomegranates combats hardening of the arteries and related diseases like heart attacks and strokes. They may also be a supplement for maintaining joint integrity and function.
- Tomatoes contain Lycopene a vital anti-oxidant that helps in the fight against cancerous cell formation. When tomato products are heat processed the bioavailablity of the Lycopene actually increases rather than the anticipated decrease.
- Citrus fruit contain vitamin C that have antioxidant properties and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and some forms of cancer.
- Spinach, kale, romaine lettuce, leaf lettuce, mustard greens, collard greens, chicory and Swiss chard are excellent sources of fiber, folate and a wide range of carotenoids. Foods containing carotenoids protect against cancers of the mouth, pharynx and larynx. Dark green leafy vegetables can inhibit the growth of certain types of breast cancer cells, skin cancer cells, lung cancer and stomach cancer.
- Eggs and soymilk are a source of protein. Eggs increases blood levels, may stave off macular degeneration by protecting the retina from light damage. Eggs may increase weight loss.
- Quinoa is also a source of protein. This grain prevents migraine headaches, diabetes and atherosclerosis.
- Walnuts a source of protein and fiber. Raw almonds, avocados and flaxseeds can help prevent LDL “bad” cholesterol and may help improve memory. Raw almonds contains vitamin E, one of the most important antioxidants for skin health.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil has fatty acids that also help skin resist UV damage, lowers cholesterol, helps prevent obesity and helps ward off hunger pains.
Recipes you will love to promote good health: http://pinterest.com/pamelaprentice/pam-prentice-2020-food-favorites/
I always create my own recipes. I often chill a cup of freshly brewed zesty ginger tea to add flavor to my summer drinks. Find a favorite tall party glass.
Add chilled orange juice and lots of ice with the tea. A splash of sparkling soda makes this drink even more extraordinary. I adore small champagne grapes to add sweetness and color. Go into your garden and snip fresh mint to garnish a tasty virgin cocktail. Presto, find a peaceful place to relax and enjoy the moment!
Pomegranate juice is not only delicious and beautiful, it is one of the most nutritious fruit juices you can drink in your summer cocktail. High in vitamin C and potassium and low in calories. I like mine with a sliced strawberry and fresh mint. If you want add a splash of sparkling white wine or club soda.