The high energy foods I prepare everyday: http://www.pinterest.com/pamelaprentice/pam-prentice-2020-food/
Power foods I eat to stay healthy, rejuvenate my skin and boost my energy:
– Walnuts, keeps skin moist and supple. Eating walnuts at dinner may deliver better sleep.
– Almonds, vitamin E, one of the most important antioxidants for skin health, eat twice a week.
– Whole Grains, daily helps decrease stomach fat.
– Eggs, increases blood levels, may stave off macular degeneration by protecting the retina from light damage.
– Soy, may reduce your risk of developing endometrial and ovarian cancers and diabetes and prevent a recurrence of breast cancer.
– Apples, provides hefty protection from the “burning” UVB rays that trigger skin cancer.
– Strawberries, protects the elastic fibers that keep skin from sagging.
– Tomatoes, helps keep skin from turning red, helps avoid fine lines and lowers your chances of heart disease.
– Romaine Lettuce, provides vitamin A, which revitalizes skin by increasing cell turnover.
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fatty acids help skin resist UV damage, lowers cholesterol, helps prevent obesity, and wards off hunger pains.
– Dark Chocolate, improves blood flow to the brain.
The closer you are to the source of your food, the fresher and more vital it is. Try contacting local farmers, checking out a farmers market or even growing food in your own yard.
Shopping local at the farmers fruit and vegetable stand can be an interesting adventure. You can usually taste the fresh ripe produce before you buy it. The food growers have a vast knowledge and enjoy sharing advice on ways to prepare new recipes. They often become your special friend after your second visit.