- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 medium sliced onion
- 2 medium zucchinis sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of dried or fresh basil
- 1 tbsp of dried or fresh oregano
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- Shredded cheese
- 1 cup of panko rice breadcrumbs (may need more or less to cover top surface)
Layer ingredients in a nonstick baking dish. Preheat oven to 375°F
Top casserole with shredded cheese, breadcrumbs, drizzle with olive oil.
Cover pan loosely with foil to prevent breadcrumbs from burning.
Bake until bubbling on the edges.
Remove foil and sit pan under broiler.
Watch until breadcrumbs turn crispy brown.
Serve hot on top a bed of finely chopped kale and fresh baby spinach.
More of my favorite, fast, healthy recipe ideas: http://pinterest.com/pamelaprentice/pam-prentice-2020-food-favorites/